Within the next year, the Department of Sociology is implementing a plan which aims to put them in a position where they can win a Cambridge University Green Impact Award.
Our Green Team
Energy & Environment Coordinators
- Karin Haack - Graduate Administrator | Sociology
- Siobhan Hoffmann Heap - Chief Secretary | Social Sciences Research Methods Centre (SSRMC)
- Odette Rogers - Departmental Secretary | Sociology
- Chantal Nowak - Administrator | ReproSoc
- Elaine Paterson - Outreach and Communications Coordinator
- Fiona Harrison - Project Manager | Digiwhist
- Marcus Gawthorp - Senior IT Technician
- Casey Mein - Departmental Administrator | Sociology
- Dan Jones - Research Grants Administrator | HSPS
- Terry Chilvers - IT Technician | Social Anthropology
In addition to the above, we also have number of flexi-members on the academic staff who cannot come to all of our meetings but who want to contribute ideas, and be involved.
If you are in the Department of Sociology and would like to get involved contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current projects include:
- A regular 'Stationery Amnesty'
- Switching from bottled to tap water for Departmental meetings
- Ensuring our paper usage is reduced by setting up duplex printing on as many printers as possible
- Ensuring our energy usage is reduced by turning equipment off where possible
- Recycling unwanted furniture
- Taking part in University-wide 'Spotlight on...' events throughout the year